ARE YOU READY TO MAKE AN IMPACT EVERY DAY?
ARE YOU LOOKING TO GROW YOUR PROFESSIONAL CAREER?
LOOK NO FURTHER:
This field of work is immensely rewarding. NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED -- We provide all of the training and certificates to assist you in your growth as a valued employee. PAY INCREASE after six months of employment with the organization.
The James L. Maher Center is a non-profit organization that provides supports and services for individuals with developmental or other disabilities. We are seeking compassionate Direct Support Professionals to join our growing team assisting adults in our Residential Programs, Day Program and Community Based Support Program!
Hours vary and one shift per weekend is required in our residential programs. We are offering a $250.00 sign on bonus as well as a weekend shift differential! We have a competitive benefits package available for full-time employees.
Please contact the Human Resource Department at 401-846-4600 for information on the Direct Support Professional responsibilities/duties and qualifications for the position.
You can also submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or come in to fill out an application at 906 Aquidneck Avenue Middletown, RI
Position: JOB COACH
Schedule: Full Time (Schedule varies based on needs of participants)
Reports To: Director of Vocational Services
· Function as a member of the Vocational team.
· Provide Participants with direct on the job and in the community assistance in the mastery of required skills.
· Submit accurate and timely documentation of all services provided.
· Promote and assist Participants’ independence throughout the employment process.
· Assist Participants with developing a network of natural supports at work.
· Collect data related to Participant’s productivity.
· Perform other work related tasks as requested by the immediate supervisor.
· Achieve an ACRE or CESP certification.
· Complete other duties and projects as assigned.
· One year of experience working with people with disabilities and relevant experience in the field of vocational training.
· Individual must possess qualities of independence, reliability, and initiative.
· A willingness to work a flexible schedule is required.
· An Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree is preferred however a combination of education and experience may be accepted.
· Valid driver’s license
· A favorable National Background check.
Salary: To be discussed at interview
Deadline: Until filled
Contact: Human Resources, Humanresources@mahercenter.org
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 32 - 40 hours (flexibility within the 40 hours)
This position is responsible for providing safe transportation of individuals with developmental disabilities to and from assigned routes as well as the routine maintenance and upkeep of vehicles.
· To follow prescribed routes and to inform the Transportation Manager or designee of any changes that may occur.
· Will assist passengers getting in and out of vehicles and assist them with their belongings.
· To immediately complete and submit to the Transportation Manager or designee accident and/or incident reports as needed.
· To follow all the rules-of-the-road as set forth by State of RI and the policies of the James L. Maher Center.
· To keep the agency up-dated by two-way radio when problems occur with assigned vehicle(s).
· To make a daily check of the gas, oil, fluid and tire pressure of assigned vehicle(s).
· To immediately alert the Transportation Manager or designee regarding any safety concerns related to transportation.
· Must maintain a professional appearance, arrive to work on time and be able to follow instructions from Transportation Manager or designee.
· Successful completion of paid training in First Aid, CPR, and Defensive Driving is required.
· To carry out other job related assignments as requested by the Transportation Manager or designee.
· Flexibility & Dependability
· Ability to work in a team oriented setting
· Good oral and written communication skills and competencies
· Applicant must pass a National Criminal Background check.
· Valid Driver’s License
· High School Diploma or GED required
Salary: To be discussed at interview
If interested, please contact Human Resources.
We are an Affirmative Action/EEOC employer.